The Sherman House rental space includes:
- 2 adjoining rooms: 15’x20’ and 15’x12’ (parlor and dining rooms)
- tables and chairs for flexible use (six 5′ tables and twenty chairs)
- catering kitchen with microwave and small refrigerator
- private patio and lawn
- accessible restroom with diaper-changing table
- wi-fi and video monitors
- ramp and stair exterior entries
Download a floor plan here: KWSH floor plan + furniture.
There is no on-site parking, but there is plenty of on-street parking nearby.
Renters may serve food and beverages of their choice.
Many area restaurants offer catering and carryout menus.
General information about rates are available via “Rental Rates” in the “Pages” list at the lower right of the web page. Specific rates and availability provided upon request.
Discounts are offered for multiple rentals and non-profit users.
FOR RENTAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 330-715-2354
The KWSH is available for rent to the public regardless of race, creed, or national origin. it may be reserved up to 13 months in advance of the rental date. A contract is sent to the Lessee and must be returned with payment prior to rental.
The KWSH board established the rates for rentals. Contracts are required for all rentals. All users who intend to serve alcohol on the premises must pay the full alcohol rental rate.
- Failure to comply with these policies may result in loss of some or all of the deposit.
- The individual to whom a permit is issued will be held responsible for damages to the property resulting from its use and is expected to report damages to KWSH.
- Damage to or destruction of any facilities or grounds will result in a charge to cover the cost of repair.
- Any youth gathering must be chaperoned by parents or guardians. Recommended ratio is ten to one.
- No excessively loud music or disorderly conduct is permitted.
- KWSH Is not responsible for any items left on the premises by members of your group.
- All debris and recycling should be placed in the waste receptacles provided. Excessive amounts of trash or recycling shall be removed by the lesee.
- All furniture shall be returned to original location and condition unless otherwise agreed.
- All kitchen counters, sinks and other items shall be cleaned to condition you found them.
- Cancellations should be made a minimum of thirty days in advance; the issued permit should then be returned to KWSH.
- No Alcohol shall be brought on premises without prior consent with KSWH.
- No Alcohol or open containers shall be consumed on Front porch, stairs or sidewalk.
- Any special requests not covered should be addressed to the Board in a letter three months prior to the requested date.
- No reservations will be made for New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving break, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day unless special considerations are made by the board.
- There is no access to the second floor or lower level as part of your use. Please respect the privacy and peace of other users.
- No dishes, utensils, coffee pots, etc. are furnished.
- Decorations may only be put up with tape; no staples or tacks are allowed. All decorations, including tape, must be removed before leaving.
- The house will be open at your rental time , If you have rented it early enough to decorate it and wish to come back later, it cannot be locked and later unlocked. Keys are not provided. If you leave the house prior to the time of your gathering, you must leave it unlocked.
- Furniture is to remain inside without express permission.
- No Smoking at any time.
Kent Wells Sherman House rental form
A printable copy of the Rental policy and application form can be downloaded here.
The Kent Wells Sherman House gives exclusive use of its premises to:
For a Fee of: _________________
To (Group Name) ______________________________________________________________________________________
Under the supervision of:______________________________________________________________________________
Name, Address, Phone and Email ______________________________________________________________________
Approved by . ________________________________________________________________________
Copy this form
I, the undersigned, understand that I am responsible for the actions of any guests and invitees who may be a part of the function that is sponsored by me or my organization.
I have read, understand, and agree to the above stated policies
Please read the rules and regulations prior to your rental
and bring this sheet with you on your rental date.
THANKS! Enjoy your use of this special facility.
For assistance please contact one of the following:
- Rick Hawksley 330.715.2354
- Ann Ward 330.285.0899
- Allan Orashan 330.957.1727
- Roger Thurman 330.554.6909